"Ricardo Guerra - Brasilien"
When I start searching for a “Home far from my Home” the most important details that I always take on consideration are in that order:
1) macro region that I wish to go,
2) location of the house regarding that region,
3) facilities of the chosen house,
4) Wi-Fi connection, and
5) comfortableness, cosiness, standards of the chosen house.
That said, I can guarantee that MESMERHAUS is the unbeatable place you must go.
Let´s go through the details:
1) First of all, no matter the place you’re interested to go, this region is an amazing must go. To the left you have the Bodensee itself and so lovely cities such as: Konstanz, Meersburg, Lindau in Germany, Bregenz, Dornbirn, Feldkirch in Austria, St. Gallen, Zurich in Switzerland and Vaduz in Liechtenstein. To the right you find the BREGENZERWALD region which totally deserves a full chapter apart and has nothing to do with the left (Bodensee part).
2) Bildstein (Mesmerhaus) cannot be easily described so beautiful and lovely it is. From up there; 360m above lake level; you’re able to see hundreds of kilometers (obviously in a clear day). The views from Mesmerhaus are simply fantastic. The village, itself, is unbelievably quite (the only exception are the lovely sound of the bells of Maria of Bildstein Kirch). The village also has very good restaurants and a small grocery shop open from 7:00 to 11:00. There is still the Pilgersaal which is used for every gathering needed of the community. I watched a very nice orchestra presentation with 52 musicians (just to give an idea of the size of the hall).
3) LUDOVIKA the name of Mesmerhaus’ penthouse, which I have recently stayed for 30 nights, has the highest standards you can possibly imagine. The renovation took deep care on the details. The facade has preserved all the old style of the region and inside, the modern and stylish architecture brought the brightness for all the ambients. Both flooring and ceiling are made with special wood from that region of Vorarlberg. The kitchen, dining room and the balcony; my preferred parts; are actually a state of the art ambience regarding, architecture, appliances, lighting, not to mention the fantastic views. You will have two sunsets just in front of you, the first is actually the sun itself and the second is the mirror of the sun on the lake. No need to cry for it… it is simply the happiness. Grab a glass of wine and enjoy, it is all there just for you.
4) The third floor of LUDOVIKA is the charming living/TV room and a separated (by the stairs) long table that can be used as an office equipped with beautifully designed lighting and plenty of electric outlets for all of your modern stuff. The Wi-Fi (in this floor) is powerful and fast enough for all smartphones, tablets and laptops working all together.
5) The whole house has heated floors which is a plus in comfort and that keeps a constant warmth temperature.
6) Mesmerhaus still have two smaller apartments and a complete laundry for all the guests. Plus a covered parking with automated gate exclusively for LUDOVIKA.
7) The owner Mrs. Evi Haller is the type of landlord that complements the house. She is so attentive that both house and stay would not be the same if she wasn’t there for you. She is always willing to help and providing full information of the region. She gathered and prepared in advance everything such as maps, internet sites, points of interest, restaurants, region events information and stayed always concerned with our wellbeing.
8) First I thought that 30 days would be too much and luckily it proved I was wrong. We were kept busy with all places to visit, hiking trails, local fairs, culture and traditions, the Bregenzerwald itself and its restaurants that made this trip an unforgettable moment of our lives.